Tsurphu Yampachen trek is an extremely beautiful Tibet trek which is started in Lhasa. This medium level Tibet trek not only takes you to the beautiful Tibetan Jatang plateau and gorgeous natural landscape of Tibet but also takes you to the most holy city and cultural heart of Tibet. We offer you more unique and authentic Tibet trek that we will arrange you a Tibetan family visit and a nomad camp visit during your trekking which will give you a chance to communicate with local Tibetans and get more knowledge about Tibetan culture and it’s people.
We arrange your first day sightseeing tour to the Potala Palace by Rickshaw and a short walk around the Potala Palace with local pilgrims. Second day, you will be visiting two largest monasteries of Tibet, Drepung and Sera. You will do slow and easy walk during your Lhasa sightseeing tour in order to acclimatize to the high altitude. After that you will drive to Tsurphu monastery to the north side of Lhasa city at the distance of around 60Km. You will be driving on the Qinghai Tibet highway for around 35km distance and then you will turn left side from the main road to the northwest. Passing by some beautiful Tibetan villages, you will reach Tsurphu monastery.
The beautiful campsite is built nearby Tsurphu monastery on a beautiful meadow and your Tibetan cooking team will welcome you at the campsite and will offer you delicious meals and tea. Start three days beautiful Tibet trek from Tsurphu to Yampachen in Tsurphu monastery. This Tibet trek is beautifully dominated by beautiful and historical Tsurphu monastery, Tibet nomad camp, wild lives, great view of Nyenchen Thangla mountain range from the pass. After the pass, trek down the valley and will have a Spectacular view of the vast Dorjeling valley and Yampachen hot spring.
From Yampachen, the Tibet trek will be extended to Namtso lake which is the second largest lake in Tibet and it is tremendously a beautiful lake surrounded by Nyenchen Thangla mountain range. After exploring Namtso lake and Tashido hermitage near the east Namtso lake shore, you will return to Lhasa through the Qinghai Tibet high way. On the way, you will enjoy beautiful Jangthang plateau, beautiful Tibetan nomad camp.
Day 1: Fly to Gongkar and transfer to Lhasa. (3650m/45km)
Arrival in Lhasa Gongkar airport and you will be warmly welcomed by our local Tibetan travel guide and driver. Your Tibet tour will be escorted to the holy Lhasa city at the distance of 45 km and you will see the Barhmaputra for the first time and the Potala Palace.
Day 2: Sightseeing to Potala Palace and Jokang temple and Bharkor marter
After breakfast, your first day Lhasa sightseeing tour will be started and take a rickshaw ride to the Potala Palace from your hotel. The rickshaw ride will take you 15 minutes. Taking a rickshaw ride to the Potala Palace is to get to know Lhasa city better and it is also more interesting than driving. Visit Potala Palace, walk back to your hotel which takes you 20 minutes. have lunch and visit Jokang temple and Bharkor in the afternoon.
Day 3: Sightseeing to Drepung and Sera monasteries
Our guide will meet you at the hotel and will lead you to Drepung monastery. It is around 7Km from your hotel to Drepung monastery and Drepung is the largest monastery in Tibet and it has more than 600 hundred years history. Afternoon, you will ride to Sera monastery which has around 6Km from your hotel.
Day 4 : Lhasa-Tsurphu monastery,4300mts/65Km
Start the journey from your hotel and we will drive on the Qinghai Tibet highway for around 35Km on the paved road and then turn left from the main road and drive on the off road for another 25Km. On the way, you will enjoy the beautiful valley, full of villages and enroute, visit Nenang monastery. Reaching Tsurphu monastery, you will also see your beautiful campsite nearby the monastery.
Tsurphu monastery is the seat of the Karmapa and was founded in the 1180’s by the first Karmapa Dusum Kyenpa, some forty years after he established the Karmapa order in Kham, the place where he was born and Tsurphu was the third Karmapa monastery to be built and after the death of the first Karmapa, it became the head monastery for the Sakyapa order. The monastery is composed of one main assembly hall and some chapels. Within the monastery are some very revered relics of the 16 th Karmapa, as well as statues of Amitabha and Shakyamuni. Tsurphu has 300 monks nowadays.
Day 5: Trek from Tsurphu to Lading,4850mts, 5 hrs
After breakfast, start your trek from Tsurphu monastery and walk in the small valley with beautiful water stream and some nomad camps. It is an amazing feeling and experience of walking with your Yak packs and Yak men. You can really feel how the original Himalayan business people use Pack Yaks for their transfer in the olden days. You can see flocks of sheep and Yaks grazing on the pasture. Reaching Lading, we can see our campsite and Lading is one of the highest villages that we can see after Tsurphu and all the people in the village live on nomadic lives.
Day 6: Trek from Lading to Tongba ,4910mts, 5-6 hrs
After breakfast, you will start your trek and today’s scenery is dominated by a bigger pasture, lots of yaks and sheep, nomad camps. You will walk across a high pass, Lasar la,5300mts. From the top of the pass, you will have a fantastic view of Nyenchen Thangla snow capped mountain which is over 7000mts and Mt Tatse and Bitse which are over 6000mts respectively.
Day 7: Trek from Tongba to Dorjeling nunnery,3 hrs and drive to Namtso lake,4718Mts/ 230Km
After breakfast, you wills start your trek and we will walk down in the valley and the scenery for today will be dominated by huge valley with some nomads and the Nyenchen Thangla mountain range. You will finally encounter the beautiful Dorjeling nunnery which is inhabited by around 60 nuns and they are the followers of Kagyupa sect. After visiting Dorjeling nunnery, you will meet your vehicles and drive to Namtso lake via Yampachen. You will have beautiful view of Nyenchen Thangla mountain range on the way.
Day 8: Drive from Namtso to Lhasa.(3650Mts/ 250Km)
Am Explore Namtso lake and walk around Tashi Do hermitage where there are lots of caves and small monastery. After this return to Lhasa and free afternoon for souvenirs. NAMTSO LAKE at (4,700Meters) is one of the biggest lakes in Tibet and is 70Km long and 30Km wide. The landscape is dominated by the snow peak of Nyenchen Thangla to the south west of the lake. Tashi Do hermitage stands on a promontory with more than 50 small caves including some small chapels. Pilgrims do a half hour walk (kora) around Tashi Do hermitage.
Day 9: Depart Lhasa
After breakfast, you will be driving to Lhasa airport. Our driver will take you through the Potala square in order to get one more time chance to the great Potala Palace. passing by Kyichu valley and Barhmaputra.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Namtso Lake||01||Tourist Lodge|
– 08 nights accommodation as mentioned in the program.
– All necessary Tibet entry and road permits.
– 1 Local Tibetan English speaking guide.
– Transportation by good conditioned mini van and support truck from 4 Pax.
– All entry fees to the sites and monasteries.
– Namtso lake conservation fee.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
– All camping equipments except sleeping bag.
– All camping fees.
– Cook and assistant with all utensils.
– Different kinds of snack like biscuit, cheese, dried and fresh fruit during the camp.
– Pack Yak and Yak men for the Tibet trek.
– Oxygen in the vehicle and during the trek incase needed.
– All taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.