Tibet Everest and Namtso lake tour is stared from Lhasa with cultural highlights of Tibet tour in Lhasa. This fantastic Tibet tour will show you beautiful landscape of lake Yamdrok and Karola glacier and the Mount Everest and it’s north Base Camp, Visiting Gyantse town, lying on a historic trade route between India and Tibet, Gyantse has long been a crucial link for traders and pilgrims journeying across the Himalayan plateau. Drive from Gyantse to Shigatse is another enjoying Tibet tour with beautiful natural landscape and a big Tibetan farming land on the way to Shigatse. Drive from Shigatse to Everest base camp from Tibet side. On the way, during your Tibet tour, stop over the Tibetan villages, towns, Himalayan high mountain passes.
After the Everest Base Camp exploration, drive back to Shigatse and from Shigatse to Namtso lake by crossing the Barhmaputra river in Takdruka ferry and the Xugula pass. From the top of the Xugula pass, you will have a fantastic view of Mount Jomo Kanggar. Your final Tibet travel destination is Namtso lake. Namtso lake is known as sky lake by the tourists and it is the second largest salt lake in Tibet. You will see an extremely gorgeous view of the entire Namtso lake from Tashido hermitage, surrounded by the Nyenchen Tangla mountain range.
Day 01 Arrival at Lhasa airport and transfer to Lhasa.(3650Mts/ 60Km)
You will be warmly welcome by our Tibetan guide and driver and accompany you to the holy city of Lhasa along with the view of Bharmaputra, known as Yarlung Tsangpo in Tibetan.
Day 02-03 Sightseeing tour in Lhasa, Potala Palace, Jokang temple, Bharkor Bazar, Drepung and Sera monasteries.
Day 04 Drive from Lhasa to Gyantse.(3950Mts/ 280Km)
You will start your tour at around 9Am from your hotel and then drive towards Gyangtse through 3 big mountain passes, Kampa La, Karo La, Simila respectively. Karola is the highest pass among them which is over 5000Mts with it’s most beautiful glaciers, beautiful Yamdrok lake emerged as coral color from the top of Kampala pass. You will have your lunch at Nakartse country which is just between the Yamdrok lake and Karola glaciers.
Day 05 Drive from Gyangtse to Shigatse. (3900mts/ 90Km)
You will start your tour at around 9Am from your hotel and then drive towards Palchoe monastery for a few minutes. Visit Palchoe monastery and Kubum Pagoda stupa. After the sightseeing, You will have your lunch and then continue your journey to Shigatse by passing one of the biggest farming land in Tibet where people grow barley, wheat, different kinds of vegetables.
Day 06 Drive from Shigatse to new Dingri via Sakya monastery, known as Shegar(4050Mts/ 290KM)
You will start your tour at around 8.30Am from your hotel and drive through two big mountain passes, Tsola 4500Mts/ Gyatso la 5220Mts and some beautiful villages and the first view of Mount Everest from the foot of Gyatso la pass. You will have your lunch in Sakya after you finish the sightseeing in Sakya monastery.
Day 07 Drive from Shegar to Rongbuk monastery. (5000Mts/ 100Km)
You will start your tour at 9Am and drive through Pangla pass 5000Mts from which you will have a fantastic view of Mount Everest, Lhotse and Makalu respectively which are over 8000Mts. After the lunch in Rongbuk monastery, you will visit the world’s highest monastery, Rongbuk. Walk up to Everest base camp which takes you an hour and half. Explore Everest base camp and back to Rongbuk monastery. When the sun sets, you will have a fantastic view of Mount Everest in the red colored sun shade.
Day 08 Drive from Rongbuk monastery to Shegar-Lhaste-Shigatse, (3900Mts/340Km)
Enjoy the morning sunrise view on the Everest top, have breakfast and then drive towards Shigatse. Have lunch in Lhatse.
Day 09 Drive from Shigatse to Namtso lake via Xugu la pass (4700Mts/ 390KM)
You will start your tour at around 9.30Am from your hotel and visit Tashi Lhunpo monastery in the morning, the seat of the Penchen Lama and one of the biggest Geukpa monasteries in Tibet. After the sightseeing, drive along the Bharmaputra river with a landscape of sandy hills, villages, and Rulak Yungdrung ling at the otherside of the river. From Tagdruka, you will leave the main road and drive off road until you reach Yamba chen. You will have beautiful view of Nyenchen Thangla mountain.
Day 10 Drive from Namtso to Lhasa.(3650Mts/ 250Km)
Am Explore Namtso lake and walk around Tashi Do hermitage where there are lots of caves and small monastery. After this return to Lhasa and free afternoon for souvenirs.
NAMTSO LAKE at (4,700Meters) is one of the biggest lakes in Tibet and is 70Km long and 30Km wide. The landscape is dominated by the snow peak of Nyenchen Thangla to the south west of the lake. Tashi Do hermitage stands on a promontory with more than 50 small caves including some small chapels. Pilgrims do a half hour walk (kora) around Tashi Do hermitage.
Day 11 Depart Lhasa
Departure transfer to Lhasa airport for flight to onward destination.
|City||Nights||Hotels / Camps|
|Namtso Lake||01||Tourist Lodge|
– 10 nights accommodation as mentioned in the Tibet tour program above.
– All entry fees to the sites and monasteries mentioned in the Tibet tour program.
– Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners for entire Tibet tour.
– All necessary Tibet tour entry and road permits.
– 1 English speaking Local Tibetan travel guide.
– Tibet tour transportation by one good conditioned mini van or bus according to the group size.
– Yamdrok lake conservation fee.
– Karola glacier conservation fee.
– Tibet Everest conservation fee for all members, guide and vehicle.
– Tibet Everest basecamp conservation fee for all members, guide.
– Namtso lake conservation fee.
– Oxygen in the vehicle incase needed.
– All taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.