Explore two of Zambia’s most famous national parks with game drives, river activities and incredible walking safaris on this eight-day, guided safari tour of South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi.
Start this trip in South Luangwa National Park, where you’ll be able to take part in morning, evening and night game drives, which offers the unique opportunity to see nocturnal predators, such as big cats, come to life. Spot elephants, hippos, buffalos, giraffes and a variety of birdlife during walking safaris. Take a trip to Kawaza village to learn about the region’s handmade textile products. Feel free to buy some souvenirs if you want to.
Moving on to Lower Zambezi National Park, the safari adventure continues with more game drives and bush walks as well as river activities along the Zambezi. Drift down the currents in a canoe, past crocodiles, hippos and wild animals on the riverbank. You can also book an optional fishing excursion and go out in search of the prized tigerfish if you want to.
Day 01: Land in Lusaka & transfer to South Luangwa National Park
Upon landing in Lusaka, the capital of Zambia, take a domestic flight to Mfuwe from where a private transfer will take you to South Luangwa National Park. You’ll be staying at Luangwa River Camp, right on the banks of the scenic Luangwa River.
This private and intimate safari camp consists of just five bush suites, located next to the game-rich Luangwa Wafwe area, so there will be plenty of wildlife drifting in and out of view during your stay in the camp.
Day 02: Explore South Luangwa National Park
One of the best safari destinations on the continent, South Luangwa is right at the end of Africa’s Great Rift Valley, with a river winding through the vast parklands. This national park attracts a variety of wildlife, and huge concentrations of big game favourites can be found here, including giraffes, elephants and hippos.
Take a morning or evening game drive to explore different regions of the park and participate in a walking safari to see more of the national park and its residents.
Day 03: South Luangwa National Park safari continues
Heading deeper into the park to your next accommodation, Ten Tena. Buried deep inside the exclusive Nsefu Sector of South Luangwa, this luxury safari camp is the flagship property of the famed Robin Pope Safaris, offering travellers insights into a restricted section of the national park.
Day 04: South Luangwa National Park & Kawaza village trip
Spend your last full day in South Luangwa with more game drives and bush walks then take a trip to a Kawaza village to learn more about the tribal textiles produced by local craftsmen. These textiles are painted by hands with designs inspired by the region’s wildlife and they make for fantastic souvenirs. If you’re travelling with kids, a great place to visit is the local wildlife education centre.
Day 05: South Luangwa National Park – Lower Zambezi National Park
Catch a domestic flight from Mfuwe to Jeki via Lusaka, followed by a private transfer to Lower Zambezi National Park. Your accommodation in Lower Zambezi will be the five-star Potato Bush Camp, a luxury safari property comprising just three spacious tents complete with private plunge pools.
Take a night game drive after sunset to see nocturnal wildlife such as African wildcats, genets, civets, honey badgers, porcupines and, maybe, even the rare pangolin.
Day 06: Explore Lower Zambezi National Park
Explore the Zambezi River during canoe safaris, boat trips, fishing excursions and sunset river cruises. With “floating sundowners,” you can relax on the deck of the boat, gin and tonic in hand, watching bathing pods of hippos and looking out for lurking crocodiles. You might even see elephants splashing in the waters, or crossing the river to Zimbabwe’s Mana Pools on the other side.
Day 07: Lower Zambezi National Park continues
Don’t miss the chance to explore the Lower Zambezi region on foot as part of an intrepid walking safari. Everything changes once you leave the safety of the vehicle as you’ll be treated to a unique wildlife watching and safari experience that you miss while watching wild animals from the backseat of a jeep.
Among other things, you will discover tiny lizards and insects that call this national park home, learn about plant life and ecosystems and examine footprints and scat to understand how rangers track wildlife.
Day 08: Lower Zambezi National Park – Lusaka Airport (flight)
Your Zambia safari adventure comes to a close today. Enjoy a private transfer back to Jeki from where a domestic flight will drop you at Lusaka’s international airport. With a taste of two of the country’s best safari destinations, you’ll back to home.
|South Luangwa National Park||04||River Camp|
|Lower Zambezi National Park||03||Safari Camp|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Domestic flight tickets.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees / All safari activities as per mentioned in the program.
– Wildlife safari and game-viewing activities as well as walking safaris. In-house activities at safari camps, including a sunset cruise trip
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.