Explore the rich biodiversity of South india and spend time in the company of some rare animals and plants during your South india wildlife holidays. You can even customise your vacation according to your interests. Go for a thrilling safari ride during the day and spend the night in the wilderness of forest in a camp or resort. Your stay here is sure to be filled with fun and surprises. Book South india wildlife holiday packages with us and enjoy the pristine beauty of nature and all the tiny and large species that inhabit here.
Southern region of India is home to a number of well-known wildlife reserves of the country with a variety of wildlife species.
if you want to explore the wildlife of this region and treat your eyes to the surrounding lush greenery. During the tour, you visit popular wildlife reserves such as Nagarhole, BR Hills, Bandipir, Eravikulam, Periyar and Kumarakom. The itinerary also includes sightseeing in Delhi, Ooty and Kochi.
Day 01 Arrive Bangalore By Flight
Arrive Bangalore on arrival meet and assist at the airport and transfer to hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 02 Bangalore – Mysore By Surface 143 Kms / Approx 03 Hrs
After breakfast half day city tour of Bangalore.
Bangalore – Bangalore is a booming city and considered fifth largest and the fastest growing city in Asia. There are a number of tourist attractions to visit in and around the city of Bangalore. Of historical, religious and contemporary interests, Sightseeing tour of the “Garden City” which covers the Lal Bagh having variety of old Trees, Fountains, Lotus, Pools, Terraces and an assortment of Tropical Herbs and Sub – Tropical Herbs. Also see the Government Buildings and the Maharaja‘s Palace.
Later continue drive towards Mysore. On arrival, check in at the hotel. Overnight in Mysore.
Day 03 Mysore – Nagarhole National Park By Surface88 Kms / Approx 02 Hrs
After breakfast city tour of Mysore.
Mysore – Today it has developed into a modern city like many other cities in the country. The city of Mysore is known as the ‘City Of Palaces’. There are number of buildings built by the Royal family sightseeing tour of Mysore visiting the palace of the Maharaja built in 1911-12. The palace is a harmonious synthesis of the Hindu and saracenic styles of architecture with magnificent Archways, Domes, Turrets, Colonnades and Sculptures. Also visit the Art Gallery, drive up to Chamundi hill to see Chamundeshwari Temple & panoramic view of Mysore. On your way back see the Nandi Bull -a monolith structure. Later continue drive towards Nagarhole on arrival check in at the resort overnight in Nagrhole.
Day 04 Nagarhole National Park
Morning after breakfast full day free for excursion. Overnight in Nagarhole.
(Boat Safari Operates from October to March Only)
Day 05 Nagarhole National Park – BR Hills By Surface 156 Kms / Approx 3½ Hrs
After breakfast enjoy safari later drive towards BR Hills on arrival check in at the hotel .Overnight in BR Hills.
Day 06 B.R Hills
After breakfast full day free for excursion. Overnight in BR Hills.
Day 07 B.R. Hills – Bandipur By Surface 94 Kms / Approx 2½ Hrs
After breakfast drive towards Bandipur on arrival check in at the hotel. Evening enjoy safari ride. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 08 Bandipur National Park
After breakfast full day free enjoy morning safari. Overnight in the hotel.
Bandipur National Park is known for its wildlife and has many types of biomes, but dry deciduous forest is dominant. Established in 1974 as a tiger reserve under Project Tiger, is a national park located in the south Indian state of Karnataka. It was once a private hunting reserve for the Maharaja of the Kingdom of Mysore.
Day 09 Bandipur National Park – Ooty By Surface 48 Kms / Approx 1½ Hrs
After breakfast drive towards ooty on arrival check in at the hotel.
PM city tour of Ooty. Overnight in Ooty.
Ooty – also known as Udhagamandalam is the “Queen of hill stations” and the capital of Nilgiris district in South India. It is known for its pleasant climate, tea plantations, fruit orchards and scenic hills of the Nilgiris. The annual Tea and Tourism Festival attracts crowds in huge numbers. Tourist Attractions: Botanical Gardens, St. Stevens Church, Charing Cross, Fernhill Palace, Rose Garden, Ooty Lake, Kandal Cross, Kamaraj Sagar.
Day 10 Ooty – Munnar By Surface 237 Kms / Approx 06 Hrs
After breakfast drive towards Eravikulam National park on arrival check in at the hotel. Evening go for nature wallk .Overnight at the hotel.
Day 11 Munnar – Periyar By Surface 181 Kms / Approx 4 Hrs
After breakfast enjoy morning safari in the park. Later continue drive towards Periyar. On arrival, check in at the hotel. Evening free to walk along the nearby place. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 12 Periyar
After breakfast full day city tour of Periyar.
Periyar – is one of the most well preserved biosphere reserves in India and is an important tourist attraction in the state of Kerala. It was in the year 1933 that S.C.H. Robinson was made the first game warden of the park and a year later Nellikkampatty Game Sanctuary was formed here. Another important event took place in the Periyar’s history when it was declared a wildlife sanctuary. Due to an appreciable number of tigers in this sanctuary it was declared as Tiger reserve in the year 1978, thus adding to the park’s importance. Overnight at hotel.
Day 13 Periyar – Cochin By Surface 107 Kms / Approx 2½ Hrs
Cochin – Home By Flight
After breakfast drive towards Cochin. On arrival city tour of Cochin.
Cochin – the palm green commercial town of Kerala has one of the finest natural harbours in the world. Known as commercial capital of Kerala, Kochi is also offers forts, palaces, beaches, backwaters, old churches, snakes boat races, Kathakali, and museums etc. Kochi is basically a collection of islands and narrow peninsulas which makes it more attractive for nature lovers. Cochin is sometimes referred to as the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’
Santa Cruz Basilica – This monumental church dates back to 1558 and has beautiful paintings on the ceiling.
St. Francis Church – Built in 1503 by Portuguese Friars, it is the India’s oldest European church. It was restored in 1779 by the protestant Dutch, converted to an Anglican Church by the British in 1795, and is presently used by the church of South India.
Mattancherry – Palace It was built by the Portuguese in 1557 and presented to Raja Veera Kerala Varma of Cochin. The Dutch renovated the palace in 1663. On display here are beautiful murals depicting scenes from the epics, Ramayana and Mahabharata and some of the Puranic legends.
Bolghatty Palace – A beautiful island near the Ernakulam, Bolghatty is famous for the Bolghatty Palace built by the Dutch. The Bolghatty palace, once the residence of the British resident of Cochin, is now a KTDC (Kerala Tourism Development Corporation) hotel.
Later transfer to airport to catch the flight for home.
|Place||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Bangalore||01||ITC Windsor Palace|
|Nagarhole NP||02||The Serai|
|BR Hills||02||BR Hills Wildlife Resorts|
|Bandipur NP||02||Windflower Resort|
|Ooty||01||Savoy Ooty IHCL|
– Welcome on arrival with fresh flower garlands.
– 12 Nights hotel accommodation.
– Daily breakfast and Dinners at hotels.
– Meal Plan – Full Board Basis (Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner).
– 02 National Park visits in Kings Sanctuary NP, BR Hills NP, Bandipur Safari NP.
– Wildlife Naturalist during the visit of National Park.
– All transfers sightseeing & excursion as per itinerary by private AC vehicle.
– Accompanying French speaking during the sightseeing.
– Entrance fee to monuments.
– All present Government taxes.
– Any International airfare.
– Visa Fees (If Any).
– Camera fee / Video fee.
– Any expenses of personal nature like table drinks, tips etc.
– Telephone Call / Fax.
– Any Donations / Driver Tips.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.