Trekking at the major ranges of Singalila and Sandakphu is yet another marvelous experience at Sikkim. This interesting trekking that starts off from an altitude of 1,524 meters (5,000 ft) and takes you across the rugged forests of rhododendron, giant magnolias, spruce and other species of sub-alpine region and around more than 600 varieties of orchids- the largest to be found in one geographical area in the world. Those who really love the ambiguity of the floral varieties in the region, the spring months would be the best season for them. And those who wish to witness the greenery of the lushly mountains all around the Sikkim trails, the autumn season is the perfect timing for them.
The trekkers can also find the unsurpassed views of the Sandakphu region along with the 180 degrees of snow capped mountain including the famous Everest, Makalu, Lhotse, Kumbhakarnad, Kanchenjunga and Chomolhari at a single stretch of snow all around the valley. Through this trekking, the trekkers can understand the rural and local lives of the people and why they leave their hearth and home to cross thousands of miles along the terraced fields of maize, rice, millet and barley, leaving the last traces of their civilization for their livelihood.
Day 1 Arrive Delhi
On arrival at Delhi airport meet assist & transfer to hotel for overnight stay.
Day 2 Delhi – Bagdogra ( By Flight)
Bagdogra – Darjeeling By Road 78 Kms / 4 hrs
Take morning flight from Delhi to Bagdogra. Meet our representative and drive towards Darjeeling. On arrival transfer into hotel. Evening sightseeing and acclamitisation. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3 Darjeeling – Maneybhanjyang – Tonglu
Early morning drive to Tiger Hill to for a singular experience of the first rays of the sun bathing the Himalayas. On the return visit the Ghoom Monastery. Built in 1875 the monastery which follows the Gelugpa sect, houses one of the largest statue of the Maitreya Buddha – the future Buddha. After breakfast drive from Darjeeling to trek point. The trail overlooks the Bengali plain south, and we have tantalising glimpses of Kanchenjunga ahead, as we zigzag through rhododendrons.
Day 4 Tonglu – Garibas
On second day of Sandakphu Trek, we undertake a pleasant walk through the forest which is home to the rare Red Panda and the Tragopan. After about 04 hrs the trekkers hut of Gairibas (2620m) is reached, where we spend the night.
Day 5 Garibas – Sandakphu
Sandakphu Trek continues. After breakfast, start the trek to Sandakphu (3636m) which takes about 06 hrs. Sandakphu is Singalila Sandakphu Trek the place to view the mountains.On a clear day one can see the peaks of Lhotse (8501m), Everest (8848m) and Makalu (8475m) of the Nepal Himalayas and the huge Kanchenjunga massif (8586m) along with other peaks of the Sikkim himalayas.Overnight at Sandakphu.
Day 6 Sandakphu – Phalut
On Day 4 of Sandakphu Trek, The trail is along a ridge and can be considered as one of the most enjoyable and scenic walks in the Himalayas. The whole range of snowy peaks is always in view and the trail passes through high altitude vegetation and areas of dwarf rhododendrons and firs. The walk to Phalut (3600m) is about 07 hours. Overnight at Phalut.
Day 7 Phalut – Rammam
Sandakphu Trek continues Early morning walk up to Phalut Top to view the sunrise over the Himalayas. After breakfast start trek to Rammam (2560m) which takes about 05 hrs. The trail passes through the villages of Gorkhey and Samanden and the forest provides ample opportunities for birding. Overnight at Rammam.
Day 8 Rammam – Rimbik
On day 6 of Sandakphu Trek, we move from Rammam, the trail descends to the bridge at Sirikhola and passes through a number of small villages to reach Rimbik (2280m), the road head. Overnight at Rimbik.
Day 9 Rimbik – Darjeeling
In the morning after breakfast drive to Darjeeling. On arrival check in to hotel. Dinner & overnight stay at hotel
Day 10 Darjeeling – Bagdogra By Road 78 kms/4Hrs
After breakfast drive to Bagdogra & from here catch a flight for onward destination.
|City||Night (s)||Hotel /Tent / Guest House|
|Rimbik||01||Lodge / Guest House|
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– Meet assist at the airport and hotels.
– 09 nights hotel / camps / lodge / guest house during the tour.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions by private vehicles.
– Delhi – Bagdogra flight ticket in economy class.
– Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
– Yaks/Porters: For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some amount of personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 15 kgs).
– Professional local trekking guide and kitchen staff would accompany the group for the trek.
– Permit fee
– All taxes.
– International Air Ticket.
– Visa Fees (If Any).
– Any charges for carrying still/video cameras etc.
– Alcohol, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
– Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
– Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
– Travel insurance.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.