It is one of the world’s largest camel fairs, and apart from buying and selling of livestock it has become an important tourist attraction and its highlights have become competitions such as the “longest moustache” and “bridal competition” are the main draws for this fair which attracts thousands of tourists.
This small town, becomes a cultural phenomenon when colourfully dressed devotees, musicians, acrobats, folk dancers, traders, comedians, ‘sadhus’ and tourists reach here during Pushkar fair. The camel and horse races have crowds to cheer. Camel judging competitions are quite popular with animal lovers. Each evening brings different folk dances and music of Rajasthan, performers delivering live shows to the roaring and applauding crowds.
In this Horse Safari, we start from Rocky Hilly Area and day by reach in Sandy area. Pushkar fair has its own magic and it’s a lifetime experience for travellers. It has featured in numbers of travel shows, films and magazines.
DAY 1: ARRIVE NEW DELHI
Arrive New Delhi airport, meet & greet by our representative with Garland welcome & mineral water bottle & transfer to your hotel for overnight. Overnight in Hotel at Delhi.
DAY 2: DELHI – UDAIPUR BY FLIGHT & 2 HOURS DRIVE TO KUMBHALGARH
Morning drop at New Delhi Airport to board Flight for Udaipur. On arrival, you will be received by our representative and drive to Kumbhalgarh, through the lush green Aravalli valleys of Mewar region. On arrival check into the hotel & relax. In the afternoon enjoy the visit of Kumbhalgarh Fort. The walls of this fort are 36 KMS long and have been called the Great Wall of India which is the second after the Great Wall of China. In the late afternoon, meet your horse safari staff, see & take a small ride around to get habituated before full day riding. Overnight in Kumbhalgarh.
DAY 3: KUMBHALGARH – NARLAI (ABOUT 6 HRS RIDE)
Morning after breakfast, start your first day ride on the back of horses towards Narlai, which will go through the wildlife sanctuary of the Kumbhalgarh where you see the many rare spices of fauna & flora of Rajasthan. On arrival in Narlai, check in hotel & relax. Overnight in Narlai.
DAY 4: NARLAI – JOJAWAR (ABOUT 6 HRS RIDE)
After breakfast, start horse safari towards Jojawar. Today’s safari will go through the magnificent Aravali Mountain ranges & colourful villages of the Rajasthan. En route see the villagers, busy in their fields. In the evening, arrive at Jojawar & check into the hotel. Overnight in Hotel at Jojawar.
DAY 5: JOJAWAR – DHAKRI (ABOUT 6 HRS RIDE)
Morning after breakfast, we ride through dry plans of Marwar passing through some very picturesque Rebari villages which, gives us a chance to peep into the hard rural life of the desert. After Lunch & rest, we head towards Sojat a town built around Railway station. We unhorse at Sojat and drive to Dhakri farm to stay with the charming nobel family of Dhakri. Overnight in Dhakri.
DAY 6: DHAKRI – NIMAJ (ABOUT 6 HRS RIDE)
After breakfast we drive back to sojat and start our riding along the railway track on one side and barren fields on the other where you see the Blue Bulls. As we move closer to Nimaj the terrain changes from sandy to fertile agriculture land. Overnight in Nimaj.
DAY 7: NIMAJ – RAS (ABOUT 6 HRS RIDE)
Morning after breakfast, we move towards Ras. The surroundings once again change into dry and sandy but the small tribal settlements and the villages make it an interesting track. We take rest at the edge of a lake. Later we move continue to reach Ras Fort. Overnight in Ras.
DAY 8: RAS – PUSHKAR (ABOUT 6 HRS RIDE)
Morning after breakfast, on the last day of riding, we proceed for Pushkar. Pushkar is famous for its Temples, Lake, Ghats, Sand Dunes and Bazaar. There are small hills on the three side of Pushkar and the deep and beautiful lake on the other. On our way we pass through some very colourful villages of Thar Desert. On arrival in Pushkar, check into the hotel & relax. Overnight in Hotel at Pushkar.
DAY 9: PUSHKAR – AJMER BY DRIVE / AJMER-DELHI BY TRAIN
Morning after breakfast, enjoy the sightseeing of Pushkar by visiting the only Lord Brahma temple in India & visit the Ghats near Brahma temple, enjoy beautiful picturesque of Pushkar from lake & colorful market. Later in the afternoon, drive to Ajmer Railway station, on arrival board the Train for Delhi. On arrival in Delhi, pick-up & transfer to Hotel.
DAY 10: DROP AT DELHI AIRPORT
Morning after breakfast, transfer to the Airport to board your return flight.
|Places||Night( s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Delhi||01||Radisson Blu Paschim Vihar|
|Kumbhalgarh||01||The Kumbha Bagh|
|Dhakri||01||Dhapudha Palace Inn|
|Nimaj||01||Rawla Bagh Resort|
|Ajmer – Delhi||O/N||Train|
– 09 Nights Hotel accommodation as per the program.
– All arrival / departure transfers sightseeing & overland journey by Air Conditioned Vehicle as per programme.
– Domestic Delhi-Udaipur Flight Ticket in Economy class.
– Train Ticket Ajmer-Delhi in Aircon Chair Car Class.
– 01 Horse to each rider on all riding days.
– All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) on Riding days.
– Breakfast only in Hotels on Non-riding days.
– Mineral water when riding (Per Rider Two Bottles a Day).
– Refreshment during rides like Packed Juice, Fresh Fruits, Biscuits, Chips, Tea, Coffee Etc.
– Monument Entrances.
– Back-up Vehicle for your Luggages.
– The services of an English speaking guide on sightseeing days.
– Experienced English speaking Horse Guide for whole trip.
– Cultural Programme every Night of riding day.
– All required Video / Camera fees.
– Farewell Dinner with Typical Rajasthani Dance and Folk Songs by Local Artist in Bon Fire.
– Assistance by friendly, knowledgeable English speaking ground representatives from the moment you arrive in India until the time you leave.
– All Currently Applicable Taxes.
– International Flights.
– Personal medical insurance, extra drinks, any camera fees.
– Visa fees and items of personal nature such as tips, laundry, liquor, extra drinks etc.
– Anything which is not mentioned in included section.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.