Mount Jopuno is positioned in western Sikkim at a lofty elevation of 5936 meters. This imposing peaks lies under Kangchendzonga National Park. This splendid peak can be clearly seen from Okhlathang valley while trekking to Goecha La Pass. Mount Jopuno is a prime attraction among the mountaineers from all around the blue planet. A trekker can relish the mesmerizing views of some of the most wonderful mountains of Sikkim Himalayas. Trekking to Mount Jopuno allows the trekkers to relish some of the beautiful sites like Yuksom, Dzongri, Thangsing and Goecha La. These intact places are renowned for their paramount exquisiteness and serenity.
Day 1 Delhi – Bagdogra(By Flight)
Bagdogra- Gangtok (123 kms/6-7 hrs)
In the morning, we will take flight from Delhi to Bagdogra. On arrival in Bagdogra, meet our representative and drive towards Gangtok. On arrival in Gangtok, check in at the hotel. Evening is free for sightseeing and acclimatisation. Enjoy dinner followed by an overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 2 Gangtok – Yuksom (123 kms – 6 hrs)
Today in the morning, we will drive to Yuksom, the base of our trek. Enjoy dinner and an overnight stay in guesthouse/tents.
Day 3 Yuksom – Tshoka (3000 mts/9840 ft) (14 kms/5-6 hrs)
In the morning, we will start the trail from Yuksom starts at the local market and follows the main road towards the north. Thereafter, climbs gently out of the valley and hugs the right bank of the Rathong Chu River, which can be heard thundering through the gorge below. Further, we will cross over four bridges to climb steeply towards north-west to the small settlement of Bakkhim. Continue for another 3 kms through forest of magnolia and rhododendron to reach Tshoka. On arrival at set campsite, have dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 4 Tshoka – Dzongri (4030 mts/13218 ft) (10 kms/5-6 hrs)
Today, we will follow the trail that passes through the village of Tshoka and continues to climb north through the forest of rhododendron to the alp of Phedang (3650 m) taking around 3 hrs to complete the ascent. Further, we will continue following the trek towards Dzongri. On arrival at set campsite, enjoy dinner followed by an overnight stay.
Day 5 Dzongri
The day is for acclimatization at Dzongri.
Day 6 Dzongri – Thangsing (3800 mts/12464 ft) (10 kms/5 hrs)
In the morning, we will follow the trail from Dzongri and continue alongside the right bank of the river towards east. After cresting the hill, the path drops into the valley and then crosses the bridge over the Prek Chu River. It is an hour climb from the bridge to Thangsing (3800 m), located on the slopes of Mt Pandim. Enjoy dinner and overnight stay in tent.
Day 7 Thangsing (3800 mts) – Base Camp (approx. 4310m) 3 hrs.
In the morning, we will approach to our base camp for Mt. Jopuno (5936 Mts) expedition. On arrival in the base of Mt. Jopuno set out camp for an overnight stay.
Day 8 Base camp Rest Day, Acclimation (4310 m)
The day is free for exploration and acclimatisation at the base camp followed by an overnight stay.
Day 9 Base camp – Camp 1 (4950m) – Base camp (5hrs)
Today, we will go for acclimatization ascent to camp 1 of Jopuno, set our Camp 1 and return to base camp. Enjoy an overnight stay at the base camp.
Day 10 Base Camp – Camp 1(4950mts)
Today, we will move to Camp 1, a steep ascent till Camp 1 of Jopuno. Overnight stay at Camp 1.
Day 11 Camp 1 – Summit (5936 mts) – Camp 1
Today early in the morning at around 3 am, we will leave from Camp 1 to Summit of Jopuno. Our climbing guide will lead the route. It will be a steep climbing till summit of Jopuno. After seeing panoramic view of surrounding, we will click some pictures in Summit and will descend back to Camp 1.
Day 12 Reserved Day for Summit
The day is reserved for Summit in case of bad weather or any other unexpected circumstances.
Day 13 Camp 1 – Base Camp
Today, we will descend from Camp 1 to the base Camp. Enjoy a night stay at the base camp.
Day 14 Base camp – Goecha La – Thangsing (3800mts)
In the morning after breakfast, we will leave to return trek to Thangsing via Goecha La pass. Overnight stay at the camp in Thangsing.
Day 15 Thangsing (3800m) – Tsokha (3050m) 7 hrs
After breakfast in the morning, we will trek to reach Tsokha. It will take nearby 5 – 6 hrs. The trek winds its way down up to Phedang, the start of the Rhododendron trail. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 16 Tsokha (3050m) – Yuksam (1780m) – Gangtok (5 hrs)
Today, we will descend to the Prek Chu following the same route that took us up on the first day, and then contour gradually downwards to reach the village of Yuksam our starting point. Later in the afternoon, we will drive to Gangtok. Enjoy an overnight stay at the hotel in Gangtok.
Day 17 Gangtok – Bagdogra (123 kms/6-7 hrs)
In the morning after breakfast, we will drive to Bagdogra. Thereafter, take flight for onward destination.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Base Camp 1||04||Camp|
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– Meet assist at the airport and hotels.
– Delhi – Bagdogra – Delhi Flight Tickets in economy class.
– 16 nights hotel / camps / guest-house / lodges accommodation.
– English speaking guide.
– Transport to and from Yuksom
– All meals on the trek, including boiled water
– Tents and mats
– Cook and porters
– Yaks/ponies for carrying tents and cooking equipment
– All trekking permits, national park fees and camera fees
– Our guide will carry a comprehensive medical kit including high altitude sickness tablets
– All taxes.
– Any kind of personal expenses.
– Food during the transit.
– International Air Ticket.
– Visa Fees (If Any).
– Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
– Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
– Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.