In the lap of Himalaya is the state of Himachal Pradesh from where yet another adventure begins from Shimla reached via Delhi, to the greens and roughs of Kinnaur. This place is known for its dry fruits, export quality apples and unlimited adventure sports one of which is the Jeep safari. The Nako Lake, various Buddhist monasteries, mountain ranges of Zanskar, Dhauladhar and Greater Himalayas make for the picturesque sight, as are the various rivers and valleys.
From here onwards, the route will take to Spiti Valley. The highlights of the valley are many but monastery of Tabo is the most renowned one for the fresco preserved inside this mud structure. Other monasteries enroute are Ribba, Moron and Tila. The list also is increased by Pin, Kungri, Ki, Dhankar and many others. Among these Ki and Dhankar has great religious as well as artistic significance.
Day 01 Arrive Delhi By Flight
Arrive Delhi, meet and assist on arrival, welcome with fresh flower garlands. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 Delhi – Chandigarh By Train
Chandigarh – Shimla By Road 120 kms / 3 hrs approx
After early breakfast transfer to railway station to board the train to Chandigarh. Meet & assist on arrival and straight drive towards Shimla. Arrive and check in at your hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 Shimla
Morning transfer to Shimla railway station for a joy ride on the Toy Train which is also a World Heritage Site. Later proceed for a half day tour visiting Indian Institute of Advanced Studies and Jakho temple. Afternoon visit The Christ Church, The Ridge, The Mall and bustling Lower Bazar market. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04 Shimla – Sarahan By Road 175 kms / 7 hrs approx
Travel by surface from Shimla to Sarahan enroute visiting Sun temple at Nirath and Rampur. On arrival check in at hotel. Evening visit Bhimakali temple which is one of the 51 shaktipeeths of Hindu religion. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05 Sarahan – Sangla By Road 113 kms / 8 hrs approx
Travel by surface from Sarahan to Sangla valley. Visit remote villages of Rackcham and Chitkul villages. On arrival in Sangla check in and overnight at camp.
Day 06 Sangla – Kalpa By Road 51 kms / 2 hrs approx
Morning visit Kamru village and fort. Later travel by surface from Sangla to Kalpa located in backdrop of Kinner Kailash mountain range. On arrival check in at hotel. Evening free to explore Kalpa village. Overnight at hotel.
Day 07 Kalpa – Tabo By Road 167 kms / 8 hrs approx
Travel by surface from Kalpa to Tabo enroute visiting Nako village beautifully located on banks of a small lake. On arrival in Tabo check in and overnight at guest house.
Day 08 Tabo – Kaza By Road 48 kms / 5 hrs approx
Morning visit Tabo monastery. Later travel to Kaza enroute visiting Lalung and Dhankar Gompa. On arrival in Kaza check in at guest house. Overnight at guest house.
Day 09 Kaza
Morning visit the Ki monastery, 12 kms from Kaza. This centuries – old gompa is a labyrinth of rooms and corridors – and at one time also acted as a fort. It houses valuable Thangkas and offers a panoramic view of the area. Also visit the small gompa at Kibber, 9 kms further ahead. Kibber at 4205 m has the distinction of being the highest permanently inhabited village of the region. Overnight at guest house.
Day 10 Kaza – Manali By Road 200 kms / 10 hrs approx
Travel from Kaza to Manali driving over Kunzam Pass (4558 m) which provides beautiful views of CB ranges and over Rohtang Pass (3980 m). On arrival check in at hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 11 Manali
Morning half day tour visiting Hadimba Devi Temple, Manu Temple and Vashisht. Afternoon half day tour visiting Naggar Castle, Roerich Art Gallery (closed on Mondays) and some other old temples in Naggar village. Evening free to explore Manali market. Overnight at hotel.
Day 12 Manali – Dharamsala By Road 240 kms / 8 hrs approx
Travel by surface from Manali to Dharamsala enroute visiting Baseswar Mahadev temple at Bajaura, Mandi town, Vaidyanath Shiva temple at Baijnath and driving past tea gardens. On arrival check in and overnight at hotel.
Day 13 Dharamsala
Morning half day tour visiting Norbulingka Institute and Kangra State Museum. Afternoon a half day tour visiting Dalai Lama Temple and Bhagsunag Temple. Evening free to explore Mc Leodganj market. Overnight at hotel.
Day 14 Dharamsala – Amritsar By Road 200 kms / 6 hrs approx
Travel by surface from Dharamshala to Amritsar. On arrival check in at hotel. Late afternoon visit Wagah border to view Flag ceremony on Indo Pak border. Late evening after dinner visit Golden temple to view Palaki Sahib ceremony. Overnight at hotel.
Day 15 Amritsar – Delhi By Train
Early morning transfer to railway station to board the train to Delhi. Meet and assist on arrival and transfer to hotel.
Day free to relax and personal activities. Overnight at hotel.
Day 16 Depart Delhi By Flight
Early morning transfer to airport to board the flight to fly back home.
|Place||Night( s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Tabo||01||Tabo Guest House|
– Welcome on arrival with fresh flower garlands.
– Meet assist at the airport / hotels with our representative.
– 15 Nights hotels/camps accommodation on DBL /Twin sharing basis.
– Meals Plan full board (Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner) (lunches on long excursions would be packed).
– Train tickets for Delhi – Chandigarh & Amritsar – Delhi in AC Class.
– Toy train ride in Shimla (Non AC train)
– Entrances to places of visit.
– Inner line permit.
– Services of an English speaking accompanying guide from 8 pax onwards (no accompanying guide below this strength)
– Transport as per itinerary & sight seeing by Qualis/Scorpio/Innova (4 full paying pax per vehicle, local guide/accompanying guide or escort may be the extra person or 5th person – AC duty from Chandigarh to Shimla & Manali to Amritsar & else non ac duty)
– Covering all main / major monuments and tourist attractions in each city.
– All present Government taxes.
– International Flight Fare.
– Camera fee / Video fee.
– Any expenses of personal nature like table drinks, tips, laundry etc.
– Telephone Call / Fax.
– Any Donations / Driver Tips.
– Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather etc.
– Travel Insurance.
– Repatriation charges, damages/ claims of any nature
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.