Danxia landform is formed from red-coloured sandstones and conglomerates of largely Cretaceous age. The landforms look very much like karst topography that forms in areas underlain by limestones, but since the rocks that form danxia are sandstones and conglomerates, they have been called “pseudo-karst” landforms.
Day 01: Arrive Beijing
Meet at Beijing Airport and then transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Beijing – Jiayuguan (by air then by train)
Local tour guide will meet at Lanzhou Zhongchuan Airport and then transfer to Lanzhou railway station by car (70km, 1.5hour), take a night sleep on the train to Jiayuguan.
Overnight on the train.
Day 03: Jiayuguan (hiking time: 4-5hrs)
After breakfast, we will visit Wei-Jin tombs (10km, 20minutes) . After that, we will start our hiking from the No.1 Beacon Tower and visit Jiayuguan Pass and the Great Wall museum, hiking further on to the hanging Great Wall or more further up the time.
Jiayuguan Pass is the key waypoint of the ancient Silk Road. Well known by the name “First and Greatest Pass Under Heaven”, it’s the first pass at the west end of the Great Wall and also one of the most intact surviving ancient military buildings.In the past, Jiayuguan has a somewhat fearsome reputation for Chinese people who were banished were ordered to leave through it for the west, never to return.
Wei-Jin Mural Brick Tomb is a big tomb group with over 1,400 tombs built between the 3rd Century and 5th Century during the Wei and Jin dynasties. Renowned as the largest subterranean art gallery in the world, housing a great deal of colorful murals, the gallery has attracted tourists from both home and abroad since 1972 when it was excavated. Most tombs are of families, housing bodies of three or four generations, and now only Grave 6 and Grave 7 are open for tourism.
Overnight at the hotel in Jiayuguan.
Day 04: Jiayuguan – Danxia (hiking time: 4-5hrs)
Morning: After breakfast in the hotel of Jiayuguan, transfer to Danxia by car ( 260km, 3-4 hours).
Afternoon: Lunch at Danxia. Start Hiking(4-5hours) along north part of Danxia Landform, enjoying great view of Qilianshan and sunset in Danxia.
Overnight at local Guest House in Danxia.
Day 05: Danxia – Zhangye (hiking time:4-5hrs)
Morning: drive into Danxia for sunrise at 5:00-6:00am in the morning. After breakfast, trend to south part of Danxia and start hiking (4-5 hours) around Binggou Rock viewing the red terrestrial classic rock landform.
Afternoon: after lunch in Danxia, we’ll drive to to Zhangye(40-50km, 1hour) , visit the Giant Buddha Temple, where the biggest indoor sleeping Buddha in China is preserved.
Giant Buddha Temple is the largest architectural relic in Gansu Province of the Western Xia (1038-1227) period. China’s largest reclining Buddha is well preserved in this temple. Located in the southwest corner of Zhangye in Gansu Province, it was built in 1098 to house the Buddha. In its 900 years the temple was restored many times during the Ming and Qing dynasties.
Overnight at hotel in Zhangye.
Day 06: Zhangye/Matisi Temple (hiking time: 4-5.5hrs)
Morning: after breakfast in Zhangye, forward to Matisi Temple by car ( 70km, 1.5hour). Visit south part of Matisi and hiking (6-7km, 1-1.5 hours) along Thousand-Buddha caves.
Afternoon: after lunch, visit and hiking(20km, 3-4 hours) in north part of Matisi, including caves neighbor to Sanshisantian cave (for culture protection, Sanshisantian shiku is not open to public now) and Songlin waterfalls. Then go for fascinating Yugu folklore, a unique nomadic minority of Gansu. Enjoy a nice local dinner with folk song and dancing in the evening.
The Grottoes of the Matisi Temple Complex consists of various Temples and the Caves with their Deities and Murals. Set within the beautiful surroundings of the Green foothills of the Qilian Mountains, and along a cool and refreshing river, Matisi offers a unique and amazing scenery. It was described by Marco Polo in his Book “Travels to the Orient” (or Ill Millione) and were well developed, active and full of Buddhist Monks and Pilgrims by the time of the 13Th Century.
Overnight in Yugu local tent (no private washing-room in the tent, only open, natural toilet).
Day 07: Yugu – Zhangye – Xining – Beijing (hiking time: 3-4hrs, driving time: 5hrs)
Morning: after breakfast in Yugu, hiking on Gaoshancaodianzi (20km, 3-4hours) –south part of Qilian Mt. Then drive to Zhangye (80km, 1-1.5hours) ,enjoying the nature view of Qilian Mountains along the road.
Afternoon: after lunch in Zhangye, drive to Xining by car (340km, 5hours-for one part is under construction).
Evening: after supper, tour guide will see off at the airport (40km, half hour) to take evening flight back to Beijing. Arrive Bejing catch connect flight back to home.
|Beijing||01||Hilton Beijing Wangfujing|
|Jiayuguan||01||Jiayuguan International Hotel|
|Danxia||01||Local Guest House|
|Zhangye||01||Zhangye Lvzhou Holiday Inn|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 05 Nights hotel accommodation.
– 01 Overnight train ticket (Lanzhou – Jiayuguan)
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.