This tour will begin and end in Rwanda, it will take you to Rwanda and later to Akagera national park in the eastern part of Rwanda along the border with Tanzania, enjoy game drive and boat cruise along the lake Ihema and later you will depart to volcanoes national park a home to the endangered mountain gorillas, track the gorillas in their natural habitat, and later you will depart back to Kigali/airport for your departure flight.
Day 01: Arrival Kanombe / Akagera national park
Upon your arrival at Kanombe international airport, you will be met by our safari tour guide/driver he will brief you about the safari and later transfer you to Akagera national park with a scenic drive all through. However if you arrive early in Kigali you may go for a Kigali city tour and visit interesting places like , the genocide memorial site in Gisozi, visit cultural sites like hand craft markets, national museum, among very many interesting around the city. Later proceed to Akagera national park, you arrive in the evening for leisure and an overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Game drive and launch cruise at Lake Ihema
Relatively wake up early for breakfast to get energy for a game drive at the park, you will be driven to the eastern part of the park to catch-up with the early risen that rush out from their hide-outs, games expected to see include hyena, bush buck, elephants, buffaloes, lions and leopard, warthogs, giant forest hog, waterbuck, gazelle, spotted hyena, Burchall’s zebra and giraffe among other. Then after, go for a 2-3 boat cruise along the lake Ihema, for a chance to spot more species of wildlife that live and feed on the lake these include schools of hippos and crocodiles just meters from the boat, while buffaloes and elephants can be seen along the shoreline plus various species of birds; lucky visitors can spot the rare shoe bill.
Day 03: Transfer to volcanoes national park
Wake up early for a Hearty breakfast which is followed by a transfer to volcanoes national park in the northern part of Rwanda, the drive may take about 4-5 hours with stopovers at any interesting places like at the genocide memorial sites. The drive to the park is scenic – viewing the beautiful mountains and green forests, which gave Rwanda its name as the “land of a thousand hills.” Volcanoes national park is a home to over 360 species of endangered mountain gorillas and gorilla tracking is the major safari activity done at the park.
Day 4: Mountain Gorilla Tracking (volcanoes national park)
After breakfast, you will be driven to the park headquarters to receive short briefings by the park wardens/ senior ranger guide and also gets you allocated to the gorilla family in respect to client’s physical abilities. After briefing, the ranger guide will transfer you to the starting point to begin the search of our close cousins who shares almost 97% human genes. This is a breathtaking experience on should not love to miss in the life time. Gorilla tracking time is unpredictable as the time to meet these giants depends on where they last seen the previous day, so a reasonable degree of fitness is needed as well tracking gears like strong pairs of walking shoes/boots It’s a breathtaking moment to sit among the gorillas listening to them grumble to each other, it’s an extraordinary feeling sitting in the forest knowing you are with a few of the last remaining mountain gorillas, it’s amazing that only 880 of these remaining creatures left. Upon spotting them one hour is allowed to stay with these animals while taking photography as well as imitating their calls. Then return to the point where your vehicle is stationed so as to transfer you back to the lodge and later you may go for nature walk to Lake Ruhondo and Burera (Optional)/ take a community walk to the near community of banyarwanda.
Day 5: Departure
You will be transferred back to the airport to meet your departure flight back home.
|Akagera National Park||02||Akagera Game Lodge|
|Volcanoes National Park||02||Amarembo Gorilla Village|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 04 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– National Park entrance Fees as per program
– 1 gorilla permit per person
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.