Arrive in Cotonou before heading to Alladah, the birthplace of Toussaint L’Ouverture the liberator of Haiti. Enjoy a performance of the ‘Guardians of the Night’ spirit dancers in Porto Novo. Also visit Ouidah, birthplace of Voodoo and Abomey.
Day 01: Cotonou
International flight arrives in Cotonou, Benin. Upon arrival at Cotonou airport, you
will be met, assisted and transferred to your hotel. Orientation. The remainder of
the day at leisure.
Day 02: Cotonou
City Tour of Cotonou, including the major landmarks.
Day 03: Alladah
Travel to Alladah to see the birthplace of Toussaint L’Ouverture, the liberator of
Haiti. Visit the town to interact with the people and the King at his Palace.
Day 04: Porto Novo
Visit the Ethnographic Museum, the Brazilian Church and the 300 year-old Palace
of King Toffa. Enjoy a performance of the ‘Guardians of the Night’ spirit dancers.
Day 05: Ouidah
Spend the day in Ouidah, the birthplace of Voodoo. Visit the Museum of History
where the exhibits focus on the slave trade and Benin’s links with Brazil and the
Caribbean. Visit Kindji market square. Visit the Cathedral and the famous Temple of
Afternoon the tour of Ouidah continues including the slave trading post, the
sacred forest . Walk the “Road of the slaves”, visit the place of the common grave,
the tree of forgetfulness and the “gate of no return.”
Day 06: Abomey
Morning departure to Abomey with visits to the Royal Palace Museum and an
audience with the King of Abomey. Abomey still retains many reminders of its
magnificent past including the Palace, the Historical Museum and the Royal
Sepulchres bearing witness to a brave and powerful people. Watch the craftsmen
create works in iron, copper and bronze.
Day 07: Cotonou
Return from Abomey to Cotonou stopping at scenic villages. Tour of Cotonou
continues including tours of the residential quarter with unique multi-colored villas. Visit the lagoon market and Artisans Center. The rest of the day is at Leisure.
Overnight in Cotonou.
Day 08: Departure
Today depart for your onward flight.
|Cotonou||02||Novotel Cotonou Orisha|
|Alladah||01||Hotel Restaurant Chez Theo|
|Porto Novo||01||Palais Hotel|
|Ouidah||01||La Casa Del Papa|
|Cotonou||01||Novotel Cotonou Orisha|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.