This 8 day “on-the-go” program features the highlights of Ecuador in an active itinerary which includes several walking tours as well as some early starts and long days.
Day 01: Arrive in Quito
Arrive in Quito, capital of Ecuador, founded in the 16th century on the ruins of an Inca city; transfer to your hotel. The Quito airport is approximately an hour drive from the city. Balance of the day is at leisure to get acquainted with this lively city’s priceless historical treasures of art and architecture. Tonight, enjoy your first taste of Ecuadorian food at one of the city’s world-class restaurants and cafes
Day 02: Quito City Tour & Visit to the Middle of the World
The morning’s tour begins with a visit to the colonial section of Quito to walk along the narrow cobblestone streets and feel the charm of 16th-century Quito. See the Independence Plaza, the Cathedral, Presidential Palace, and the Archbishop’s Palace before visiting La Compañia de Jesus Church, with its beautiful gilded interior or the Church and Monastery of San Francisco, one of the great religious buildings of the New World with its impressive facade and atrium. Afterward, visit the Middle of the World Monument, located at a latitude of 0º, and stand with one foot in the Northern and one in the Southern Hemisphere. This afternoon, transfer by bus to Otavalo. This evening, enjoy an orientation meeting with your Tour Manager and fellow travelers, followed by a Welcome Dinner
Day 03: Otavalo Market, Transfer to Papallacta
This morning visit Peguche, known for its beautiful waterfall. Then, take a tour of the market in Otavalo, one of the largest in South America run by the local Otavaleños. Here, enjoy the lively market atmosphere and browse the various stalls for traditional goods such as handwoven cloth and rugs, jewelry and more. This afternoon, transfer to Papallacta located in the Andes Mountains. The remainder of the day is at leisure or join the optional tour to Papallacta’s spas and hot springs, for which it is famous.
Day 04: Transfer to Amazon Resort
After breakfast, transfer by bus to La Punta Ahuano on the Napo River where you will board a canoe that will take you to your Amazon lodge*. Enjoy the serene tranquility that the lodge has to offer and prepare to be amazed by both the wildlife and the culture inherent to the Amazon. In the afternoon, visit Ahuano and a local Quechua community interpretation center to learn about their way of life first hand before returning to the hotel *Upon arrival the lodge is approximately a 5-10 minute walk uphill from where passengers will exit the canoe. Passengers are required to transport their own carry on luggage.
Day 05: Hike in a Private Nature Reserve
This morning, after a canoe ride you can hike in the Misicocha Private Nature Reserve for approximately two hours while viewing the beautiful flora and fauna up-close. The Amazon rainforest is the world’s largest ecosystem, so be sure to keep an eye out for the innumerable species of tropical plants and insects. Enjoy the views as you cross suspended bridges and fly through the jungle on a short zip line basket ride. At the end of the hike, take a rafting trip on a traditional balsa log raft*. Balance of the day is at leisure or, choose to participate in one of the optional tours, including the Butterfly Farm & Balsa Wood Carving Demonstration, Cacao Farm & AmaZOOnico Rescue Center or Canopy Adventure Park*This is an active hike and sections of the path include steps. Also, those who participate in the rafting trip will need to step through the water to reach the raft and will get wet during the ride
Optional (Not Included): Butterfly Farm & Balsa Wood Demonstration
Optional (Not Included): Cacao Farm & AmaZOOnico Rescue
Optional (Not Included): Canopy Adventure Park
Day 06: El Pailon del Diablo & Banos
This morning, board a canoe for the short trip to La Punta Ahuano, continuing by coach to Patate. Stop along the way to visit the powerful El Pailon del Diablo or “The Devil’s Cauldron”*, one of Ecuador’s most beautiful waterfalls. Drive to Baños, an idyllic little town known for its hot thermal baths and the sometimes steamy Tungurahua Volcano. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Afterwards, watch a demonstration on vegetable ivory, a traditional craft that utilizes palm nuts to make jewelry and animal carvings. In the late afternoon, check into your hotel in the Valley of Patate. Balance of the day is at leisure *This is an active hike to and from El Pailon del Diablo waterfall
Day 07: Visit to a Rose Plantation, Lunch at Hacienda La Cienega
Today, enjoy a tour of a beautiful rose plantation. Although roses are not native to Ecuador, the country has a perfect environment for rose cultivation and is presently one of the world’s major producers. On the plantation, you’ll learn more about the farming process, from planting to exporting. Continue to Hacienda La Cienega for lunch, one of the oldest and most historic haciendas in Ecuador, belonging to the descendants of Marques of Maenza dating back to the 17th century, with a spectacular view of the Cotopaxi volcano, in the background. After lunch, time to wonder around the grounds of the Hacienda. Continue to the hotel in Quito for this evening’s “Farewell to Ecuador” Dinner with your group
Day 08: Depart Quito
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
|Otavalo||01||Puertolago Country Inn & Resort|
|Papallacta||01||Termas Papallacta Hotel Spa|
|Punta Ahuano (Amazon)||02||La Casa del Suizo|
|Baños||01||Monte Selva – Hotel en Baños Ecuador|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation hotel.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Round trip flights Miami-Quito, Quito-Miami
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.