This mountain bike tour affords the luxury of being based in one location, but at the same time providing 4 days of awesome and varied off road trails – all within 15km of Pokhara. This itinerary can be tailored to meet most riding abilities, from those wanting a full-on workout to those more interested in admiring the mountain views from a rural location.
DAY 01 Arrive Kathmandu
You will be met at Tribhuvan International airport by our representative and taken to the hotel which is located in the heart of the tourist district of Kathmandu, Thamel (approximately a 30-minute drive).
There will then be time to check over the bikes, with our crew member on standby to assist with any mechanical issues.
Depending on your arrival time, there may be time to explore the streets, sights and shops of Thamel or to relax after your journey, before joining your guides for an early evening welcome meal, where they will explain more about the coming days tour and activities.
DAY 02 Kathmandu – Pokhara (By Flight)
Whilst you enjoy your breakfast, the luggage and bikes will be loaded onto the tour vehicle for the transfer to Pokhara.
After breakfast you will be transferred to Kathmandu domestic airport for the 25-minute flight to the Lakeside town of Pokhara or if you have chosen the budget package you will be collected from your hotel for the approximate 8-hour transfer via bus.
On arrival in Pokhara, you will check into the hotel which will leave time in the afternoon and evening to stretch the legs and explore the town.
DAY 03 Fewa Lake loop: 52km Ride, 1400m Ascent
After a nutritious breakfast, you will head out on a 7km ride along lakeside to the first of our off-road loops, Fewa Lake. The total off road riding is 40km with 1400m of climbing and the trails will be steep and challenging. There are, however, a number of points where you can cut the ride short and return to Pokhara should there be any tired legs.
Day 3’s trails climb and criss-cross the mountains that surround the prominent Peace Stupa, after which you will descend on some awesome single-track back down to the lakeside followed by a 7km relaxed cool down ride back to the hotel.
The afternoon and evening are free to stretch out, relax and explore the Lakeside town of Pokhara and its many delicious local and continental eateries.
DAY 04 Kristi Hill: 62km Ride, 1800m Ascent
The same routine as yesterday but you’ll be heading out to Kristi Hill. A 6km ride to the trail head where another 50km of scintillating off road trails await. Again, don’t worry if you’re not up for the full 50km, there are plenty of escape routes!
The trail today is 2 loops with the second loop being much tougher than the first, with some really steep climbs rewarded with awesome views across to the snowcapped mountains.
DAY 05 Begnas Lake loop: 75km Ride, 1800m Ascent
You know the score by now! Today’s ride to the start of the trails is the longest of the lot at 15km but you will be rewarded with panoramic views of Begnas lake as you ride the 45km of off-road awesomeness. As always there are many short cuts for those that want a more leisurely ride.
The course starts from the beautiful Begnas lake and climbs up to Kalika top before descending via a different route back down to Begnas and a loop around Rupa lake on undulating trails.
DAY 06 Bat Cave Loop: 67km Ride, 1600m Ascent
The last day of riding but no need to take your foot off the gas if you don’t want to!
Our guides are happy to go as fast or as slow as you like and can accommodate those wanting a total workout or those who’d rather take in the stunning views.
Either way, even with the full 47km off-road loop there should still be time today to explore the bat caves before heading on a 10km ride back to the hotel.
DAY 07 Flight to Kathmandu
After breakfast you will return to Kathmandu via a 25-minute short plane journey or approximate 8-hour return on the bus, depending on the options chosen at the time of booking.
Once back in Kathmandu, there will be time in the afternoon for some trinket shopping or to explore some of the many temples and places of interest in the city.
Please let us know at the time of booking if you would prefer to stay in Pokhara a few extra days to check out some of the adventurous (or leisurely!) activities that it has to offer!
DAY 08 Depart Kathmandu
Transfer to the airport, or alternatively get in touch to see the full list of activities that we offer!
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Pokhara||05||Waterfront Resort by KGH|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights hotel accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Supply of refreshments Water, Juice, Cold Drinks, Sweets, Candies, Fresh Fruits, Muffins during the bike ride.
– All other services required during the BIKE RIDE.
– Farewell Gala Dinner.
– Accompanying English-speaking guide, assistant staff, marking staff.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.