Start in Melbourne and end in Sydney! With the Discovery tour Australian Highlights (7 destinations), you have a 13 days tour package taking you through Melbourne, Australia and 5 other destinations in Australia.
Australia at its best – from the golden beaches of Bondi and shared stories of Aboriginal Dreamtime, to an astounding underwater wonderland and fiery Uluru sunset lighting up the Outback sky.
Day 01: Arrive Melbourne
Arrival in the stylish Victorian capital of Melbourne, transfer to your hotel and enjoy the afternoon at leisure
Day 02: Melbourne Sightseeing and At Leisure
‘Dive into Culture’ and wander through the labyrinthine laneways, arcades and grand boulevards that reveal some of the world’s most edgy street art and well-preserved Victorian architecture. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure, strolling along the banks of the Yarra, or consider an Optional Experience to Phillip Island to see the famous Penguin Parade on Summerland Beach.
Day 03: Melbourne At Leisure
A full free day awaits to sample the cosmopolitan flavours of Melbourne – its coffee culture and farm-to-table food experiences at the bustling Queen Victoria Market. Or, consider an Optional Experience following one of the world’s most scenic coastal drives, the Great Ocean Road with its famous Twelve Apostles.
Day 04: Fly from Melbourne – Alice Springs
Journey to the heart of the Outback and the gateway to Australia’s Red Centre. On arrival in Alice Springs, join a ‘Local Specialist’ for a visit to the School of the Air and learn how it delivers education to children living in remote areas. Your next stop is the Royal Flying Doctor Service, where you’ll join a ‘Local Specialist’ and delve into the emergency support that this facility provides to the people of the Outback. Later, ‘Connect With Locals’ at Earth Sanctuary World Nature Centre, where you’ll meet the celebrated Outback Paramedic Falzon brothers for dinner and hear about the sustainable lifestyle they’ve established.
Day 05: Alice Springs – Uluru
In and around UluruCross rugged landscapes to Ayers Rock Resort, located just a stone’s throw from the sacred, ancient monolith that is known as Uluru by its traditional caretakers – the Anangu people. Journey to Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park in time for sundowners and a chance to witness first-hand how its rusty red walls change colour as the sun dips below the horizon. We spend the night in one of Trafalgar’s ‘Stays with Stories’, which blends seamlessly into its splendid natural surrounds. Tonight, consider an optional authentic Aussie BBQ Dinner under the glittering southern-night sky.
Day 06: Uluru and Kata Tjuta
Watch as the desert awakens – the rising sun lighting up Uluru in a spectacular golden hue. ‘Dive Into Culture’ next and gain insights into the culture, history, art and traditions of the Aboriginal caretakers of the land on a tour of the base of Uluru. This afternoon travel to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Your Travel Director will take you on a walk deep into Walpa Gorge, where you’ll hear about the area’s distinct geological and cultural history. Toast to a mesmerising Outback sunset over the rusty red domes of Kata Tjuta with sparkling wine.
Day 07: Fly from Uluru – Cairns
In and around CairnsRise early to experience the ethereal Field of Light art installation before sunrise. As the sun rises, join your fellow travellers on top of a sand dune to watch the desert awakening over Uluru.’Dive Into Culture’ with an Aboriginal artist this morning, gaining insights into the ritual of Dreamtime and the meanings of the Anangu totems in indigenous art. Tell your very own Outback story as a memento of your experience, putting paint to canvas, then fly from Ayers Rock to the tropical city of Cairns.
Day 08: Cairns At Leisure
Ease into laidback living in the spirit of the locals or consider an Optional Experience to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park on this full day at leisure to explore this east coast gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. You could discover the secrets of ancient Aboriginal culture through theatre, didgeridoo and fire-making demonstrations or visit Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures for an up-close encounter with the resident crocs. Perhaps take a trip to Kuranda, the ‘village in the rainforest’, on the historic Kuranda Scenic Rail and return to the lowlands through some of the oldest rainforest in the world – the choice is yours.
Day 09: Great Barrier Reef
An underwater wonderland awaits as you board a high-speed catamaran and cruise out to the Great Barrier Reef. Take to the tropical waters and snorkel alongside a dazzling array of colourful marine-life (equipment provided) or explore the sparkling blue coral sea from the comfort of a semi-submersible craft, just one metre underwater. Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch on the water before returning to Cairns, where this evening you’ll enjoy a Regional Dinner at a waterfront restaurant.
Day 10: Fly from Cairns – Sydney
In and around SydneyA leisurely start to your day means there’s time for a final exploration of Cairns before flying south to Sydney. Wine and dine in the city’s famous Rocks District, visit China Town for some tasty yum cha or take a stroll around Circular Quay.
Day 11: Sydney Sightseeing
Visit Bondi Beach then head to the Sydney Opera House for a privately guided tour with a ‘Local Specialist’ and ‘behind-the-scenes’ look at the building’s inner workings. Prime your sea legs next as you board a lunch cruise, sailing past parklands, waterfront homes and the iconic sights for which Sydney Harbour is so famous. Spend the rest of the day on your own or consider an Optional Experience and ascend the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Day 12: Sydney At Leisure
Get your final Sydney fix today as you enjoy a full free day to explore the city on your terms. Consider an Optional Experience to the Blue Mountains whose eucalypt haze you’ll see looming in the distance as you depart Sydney en route to the village of Leura, the famous Three Sisters rock formation and Featherdale Wildlife Park, home to Australia’s cuddly, and not so cuddly, creatures. Your effortlessly delivered journey nearing its end, you’ll join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Farewell Dinner at a waterfront restaurant.
Day 13: Depart Sydney
Say farewell to your fellow travellers after breakfast as your memorable Australian holiday concludes. You will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).
|Melbourne||03||Novotel Melbourne Central|
|Alice Springs||01||Aurora Alice Springs|
|Sydney||03||Hotel Meriton North Sydney|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 12 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.