Explore the land of colours painted since centuries and reverberating its sagas in the ruins that still stand tall. Dipped in the shades of the unique experiences of their culture and tradition.
Day 01: Arrival at Athens
Welcome to Greece. On arrival at Athens International Airport and proceed to your hotel by your private transfer. Rest of the day is at leisure spend to explore this fascinating city. The city with the most glorious history in the world is worshipped by gods and people. The enchanting capital of Greece has always been the birthplace of civilization. It is the city where democracy and most of the wise men of ancient times were born. The most important civilization of the ancient world flourished in Athens and relives through superb architectural masterpieces. Overnight in Athens.
Day 02: Athens City tour with Acropolis Museum
After breakfast, proceed for Athens City Tour. From the Acropolis to Omonia Square, with the half-day Athens sightseeing and Acropolis museum tour you’ll see all the famous sites of ancient and modern Athens on this comprehensive morning tour. Start with a photo stop at Panathinaikon Stadium where the first modern Olympic Games took place in 1896. It is the only stadium in the world that is built out of white marble. Then proceed, passing by Zappeion and The Temple of Olympian Zeus. Later pass the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens and the National Library. Continue passing by the National Garden, Hadrian’s Arch, St. Paul’s Church, The Parliament, The Tomb of the Unknown soldier, Schliemann’s House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Old Parliament, Constitution Square, Russian Orthodox Church, and finally the ACROPOLIS where we will visit Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon, and the Erechtheion with its Porch of Maidens). Continue the tour with a short pleasant walk passing by the Herodion and Dionysus Theater in order to visit the ACROPOLIS museum. Skip the lines of the new museum and proceed to see the main attractions such as votives, artifacts of everyday life, statues from archaic period, Caryatids, and of course the Parthenon hall with the metopes, the pediments and the frieze that will amaze you. Evening is at leisure, you can opt for below mentioned optional tour at an additional price. Overnight in Athens.
Optional Cape Sounion or Athens by Night tour at an additional price.
Day 03: Athens – Santorini
Today, after breakfast proceed by your private transfer to Piraeus port for your ferry embarkation to Santorini Island. A thousand sunsets, a thousand memories, a thousand heartbeats, colours of blue red & gold streaking the sky … this is Santorini island … Poets have written about it, artists attempt to capture its beauty. Nothing can quite describe … the unsurpassed magic of Santorini. This tiny Greek island in the Aegean Sea, rich in history & steeped in myth, is situated on the southern east tip of the Cyclades Cluster. Once famous for its seafaring captains & thriving trade from Russia towards England, France & Italy, & even further back in time the biblical volcanic catastrophe of 1500 BC, today Santorini is one of the most popular holiday destinations worldwide. On arrival in Santorini proceed by your private transfer to your hotel. Rest of the day is at leisure to explore the island and admire the breathtaking view. Overnight in Santorini.
Day 04: Santorini – Volcano Tour
After breakfast, you will be picked up for a cruise at the caldera and its hot springs. During this tour, you will have the unique chance to visit the active volcano of Santorini, walk on dried lava up to its peak, feel the heat underneath your feet and see the steam of sulphuric gases emerging from the earth bowels. Next, you will sail to the thermal springs where you can dive or step down into the blue waters in order to swim towards the springs (35-36°C). Last you will visit the traditional sister island of Santorini, Thirassia, where you can either swim, go up to the village or simply relax and have something to eat. Return to your hotel. Overnight in Santorini.
Please carry a towel and swim wear if you wish to swim at the springs.
Day 05: Santorini – Athens
After breakfast, proceed to Santorini port by your shared transfer for your way back to Athens. Arrival at Athens port and proceed to your hotel by your private transfer. Rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Athens.
Day 06: Athens – Departure to Hometown
Proceed to Airport by your private transfer to board flight from Athens.
|Athens||03||Divani Caravel Hotel|
|Santorini||02||Muses Santorini Resort|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 05 Nights accommodation hotel.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Half-Day volcano tour and hot springs with hotel pick up & drop off
– Round trip transfers in Santorini from port –hotel-port on sharing basis
– Economy Class Normal Ferry ticket from Athens – Santorini – Athens
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.